Friday 5 November 2010

Read Al Quran : Surah Al Baqarah Chapter 2:8-10 that struck fear into Umar AlFarooq's heart

Al-Baqara
And of mankind, there are some (hypocrites) who say: "We believe in Allâh and the Last Day" while in fact they believe not. (8) They (think to) deceive Allâh and those who believe, while they only deceive themselves, and perceive (it) not! (9) In their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy) and Allâh has increased their disease. A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies. (10)


got this story from a comment under this site ;


Finally I decided to read the Quran. The first chapter seemed inspirational but it wasn’t until I started reading the 2nd chapter that fear struck my heart so much that I quickly shut the book and put it away. I even looked around to see if anyone saw me.

It was the verses 8 through 10.






Salam,

This is the first time I’m writing this down.

I accepted Islam around 1994. My journey to Islam was very slow but Al Hamdulillah, steady.

Up til that point in my life, I had 2 best friends in my life and both of them were Muslim. Born to a Brahmin family, I was so sheltered from Muslims that in a country where 20 to 30 percent are Muslims, I only knew 2 Muslims in the 12 years I lived in India.

I had also transitioned from being a Hindu to Atheist.

After coming to the US, I knew 1 after 4 years (Misbah). Through him I met another Muslim named Azim. Eventually I met Azim’s his family. I took a fancy to Azim’s sister though she never suspected.

So I accepted Islam in order to stand a chance at marrying this Muslim girl. I was so impressed with how this family was so respectful to the father. I had never seen that before.

Soon enough, my parents got to know about this and my father went to this girl’s house and said “Your daughter has ruined my son’s life”, etc…and that was the end of that.

Just as I accepted Islam to thumb my nose at Muslims for “religious bias”, I felt that my parents had no right to impose their beliefs on me. Aside from this fact, I didn’t really have a great life at home and went through quite an abusive childhood.

So I saw this opportunity to leave my parents’ house.

I still wasn’t a Muslim except by claim. I would tell my atheist friends that I was not a Muslim and tell my Muslim friends that I was.

Finally I decided to read the Quran. The first chapter seemed inspirational but it wasn’t until I started reading the 2nd chapter that fear struck my heart so much that I quickly shut the book and put it away. I even looked around to see if anyone saw me.

It was the verses 8 through 10.

After this I started taking Islam a lot more seriously and in about a year or so of constant questioning, I accepted Islam. Al Hamdulillah!

Jazakallah Khair wa Salam,

-Umar.


Al-Baqara
And of mankind are some who say: We believe in Allah and the Last Day, when they believe not. (8) They think to beguile Allah and those who believe, and they beguile none save themselves; but they perceive not. (9) In their hearts is a disease, and Allah increaseth their disease. A painful doom is theirs because they lie. (10)


Al-Baqara
Of the people there are some who say: "We believe in Allah and the Last Day" but they do not (really) believe. (8) Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves, and realize (it) not! (9) In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease and grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves). (10)


Al-Baqara
And of mankind, there are some (hypocrites) who say: "We believe in Allâh and the Last Day" while in fact they believe not. (8) They (think to) deceive Allâh and those who believe, while they only deceive themselves, and perceive (it) not! (9) In their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy) and Allâh has increased their disease. A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies. (10)

Al-Baqara
Dan di antara manusia ada yang berkata: Kami telah beriman kepada Allah dan kepada hari akhirat; padahal mereka sebenarnya tidak beriman. (8) Mereka hendak memperdayakan Allah dan orang-orang yang beriman, padahal mereka hanya memperdaya dirinya sendiri, sedang mereka tidak menyedarinya. (9) Dalam hati mereka (golongan yang munafik itu) terdapat penyakit (syak dan hasad dengki), maka Allah tambahkan lagi penyakit itu kepada mereka dan mereka pula akan beroleh azab seksa yang tidak terperi sakitnya, dengan sebab mereka berdusta (dan mendustakan kebenaran). (10)

mashaAllah Br. Umar, it’s amazing to see how the message of the Qur’an goes *straight* to the heart of man, forcing him to contemplate and reflect. May Allah keep you and all of us steadfast upon the deen. Aameen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails