Saturday 5 September 2009

Dua before reciting Qur'an







In the name of Allah, the Beneficent the Merciful,
O Allah bless Muhammad and his family O Allah I bear witness that this is Your Revealed Book from You, To Your messenger Muhammad son of Abdullâh, Allah’s blessings be on him and his family. And it is Your Spoken Words, through the tongue of Your Prophet, You have made it a guide from You to Your creation, And a connecting rope between You and Your servants. O Allah I have opened Your Covenant and Your Book. O Allah, so make my looking at it an act of worship and my reciting it a pondering, and my pondering over it, a way to derive lessons. [O Allah] include me from those who are advised by the narrations of its advices, and who avoid Your disobedience. [O Allah] do not seal my ears when I’m reciting it and do not place a curtain over my sight, Nor make my recitation a recitation lacking pondering, Rather make me from among those who ponder over its verses and its rules, Deriving the ways to Your religion, and do not make me heedless when I’m looking at it, nor make my reciting a waste. Surely You are the Most Gentle, the Most Merciful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails